Saturday, February 27, 2010

There are trains and then there are trains...


If you didn't already know I am into model trains as well as BDSM, what you might not know is My littleone also enjoys them.

A couple of birthdays ago littleone gave Me a HO starter set, well that lead to U/us installing it over at her condo since at the time I didn't have space over at My location. W/we placed it in the small BDSM basement room since it was not really being used :-( So a 4x8 plywood sheet was purchased and the layout started beside her treadmill, a tight but usable area.

Over the past couple of years the two pieces of equipment were really getting to be a pain and since the Grandchildren are now using the basement it was time to rethink the whole train thing. I now have the space for the layout and just needed to figure out how to get the layout out of the Condo without any damage.

Now, I am of the "old school " of train scales that being HO, littleone on the other hand enjoys the reverse, N scale. A couple weeks ago, W/we sat down and talked about the trains and she really said that I hadn't trained her how to use the DCC ( Digital Command Control ) train system and she was correct as I thought she had lost interest in the trains, but rather the fact that I hadn't finished doing the track work and the other things got in the way so the training fell between the rails. In short, she said she wanted to start a new N scale and I thought this is great news as it would solve the problem of getting the old layout out of the Condo. When I purchased the plywood for the layout I was forced to cut the 4x8 sheet into two pieces then hinge them back into place, now I could just dismantle the layout and unhinge the plywood thus it would be a perfect size for littleone's new N scale.

Now, what has that could to do with the title of this blog? well there are trains and then there are trains, and littleone found out right after O/our talk and plans of the " other " trains as you can see by the picture below.




One really has to LOVE trains in any form :-))

3 comments:

Buffalo said...

I'm at a loss for words.

Sir said...

Now there is a first :-))

Warren,
Owner of morningstar

Katskia said...

Wow. There are pegs for every theme. :-)